Should You Trust Invisalign® Treatment for Teeth Straightening?
One of the best decisions you could ever make for your smile is that of straightening your teeth. This only happens in orthodontic dentistry, where your dentist in Walkers Line Dental Centre recommends wearing braces. Regardless of the type of braces you get, there are many benefits to straightening teeth, including:
- Correcting your bite
- Boosting the functionality of your mouth
- Improving the aesthetics of your smile
- Boosting your general facial appearance
- Encouraging good oral hygiene
- Preventing frequent dental accidents and reducing the risk of dental infections
Such are not benefits enjoyed just by children and teenagers. Today, adults too are getting into the habit of improving their smiles through braces. The only difference is in the choice of braces they choose to get from dentists in Burlington, ON. One of the most common types of teeth straightening braces for adult orthodontic treatment is called Invisalign® or invisible braces.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign in Burlington, ON, is a special type of teeth aligner that stands out from its counterparts in orthodontic dentistry. These braces feature a soft plastic-like tray that is fashioned after the impressions of your teeth. The aligners are transparent, which is where they get the name clear or invisible aligners. The effectiveness of Invisalign treatment for shifting teeth has not yet been understood by many people like is the case with traditional metal braces.
Does Invisalign Really Move Your Teeth?
Even though they do not have any metal brackets or wires, clear braces are just as effective for moving teeth as traditional metal braces. Usually, the braces rely on applying controlled pressure on teeth over a predetermined period to move and rotate them. The first set of clear aligners you get will snug perfectly to your teeth, placing pressure in target areas based on the treatment plan that your orthodontist creates as you begin your treatment.
Although Invisalign braces are removable, they need to be in your mouth for between 20 and 22 hours every day for them to be effective in straightening your teeth. The more diligent you are with wearing your braces, the quicker you will see results in the alignment of your teeth.
After a few weeks, you have to visit your orthodontist to get new teeth aligners. The first tray of clear braes you get will only be effective for moving your teeth for a few weeks. After that, you need a new, tighter set and targeted to realign your teeth. Depending on how long your treatment will last, you may wear up to 32 sets of aligners until your teeth have been properly aligned.
Once your treatment is complete, you will need retainers for a foreseeable couple of years of your life. In some cases, you may need to wear retainers for the rest of your life. These are other types of teeth aligners meant to hold teeth in place, preventing them from shifting back to the initial position.
What Benefits Do You Get from Invisalign?
The most obvious benefit of clear braces is that they straighten your teeth. You will notice a drastic transformation in the appearance of your smile after Invisalign treatment. Aside from that, some other benefits that make invisible braces worth it include the following:
- The aesthetic element – these teeth aligners are virtually invisible when you wear them. As such, you can continue to flaunt your smile while undergoing treatment without people learning about it.
- The removability aspect – the flexibility of removing your aligners when you want is a plus that many adults enjoy. It becomes that important when you realize that you won’t have any restrictions regarding what to eat since you will remove your aligners anyway.
- The ease of maintenance – keeping your aligners and clean during your treatment will not be a big hassle since they are removable. As such, unless you are very neglectful of your oral hygiene, you will have an easy time maintain clean aligners.
- The comfort levels – you do not have to worry about hurting your lips and inner cheeks against the braces on your teeth. Invisible braces are made from a smooth plastic-like material that glides smoothly on your mouth for a comfortable experience.